Wednesday 13 April 2016





 Hope this is not your horror story
* Names have been changed to protect confidentiality
I was working for one of the top Fortune 500 Engineering organisation as a maintenance head. My parents were very old and used to stay in our ancestral home in Chennai.
My father was not keeping well and I was stressed about it and planned to visit him during the weekend. I came to office in the morning as there was some maintenance schedule to be discussed. I got a call from my mother weeping that my father had a heart attack and she wanted me to come immediately.
Fearing the worst I rushed to my Boss and told him I had to urgently rush to my home town Chennai due to my father’s situation.
He without any emotions told me in a flat tone to give him some important documents regarding the maintenance plan before going and briefing my colleagues to handle my work in my absence.
I was literally shaking with rage . Thanks to the support of my colleagues who said they would handle the situation and made arrangements for me to drop me to the airport.
Unfortunately due to my Boss I missed the first available flight by 10 minutes and had to catch the later first available flight which was after 3 hours .
My dad expired calling my name one hour before I could reach him. I was flabbergasted and was so angry with my Boss on delaying me that I took 15 days leave and looked for another job and quit the company .
I also wrote the cause in my exit interview , later I heard that my Boss who was literally hated by his team because of his rude and selfish behaviour got a promotion and became the division head. He also bad mouthed me saying I was a good riddance.
If you have similar experience . You can do much more than just quitting now you can share the feedback about your boss anonymously inhttp://knowurboss.com and warn others

0 comments :

Post a Comment